[Battlemesh] Testbed for Mesh is in the air <3

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:08:41 UTC 2018

@Leonardo I was not expecting to bring hardware but I will give it a
try and reply when I have news.

In my opinion plus experience the best practice now is (and request
for songs here):

- don't force the testbed, let it be
- battlemesh is more than a testbed
- If it happens is nice, if not we can still be friends

The testbed of last year is a good reference. Managed by spontaneous
people in place.

Reference of the past battlemesh v10 testbed
https://github.com/battlemesh/battlemeshv10-testbed

Read about "4. Suggestion for the Future Battlemeshers", I agree a lot
with what they said:

    Do small tests

in other words: quality is more important than quantity.

Some of the guifi folks got very frustrated trying to coordinate/build
large testbeds (specially in Slovenia). I was not expecting to bring
hardware, but I will ask and try to bring some devices.

Continuing with the suggestions, another good one:

    Fork the testbed

The hardware is not only important for the testbed, sometimes
developers find bugs; sometimes people drink too much club mate and
discussions between people require quick testbeds with crazy ideas,
sometimes they just need one device with wifi.