[Battlemesh] Testbed for Mesh is in the air <3

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at c0d3.blue
Thu Apr 5 10:20:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 10:37:53PM +0200, Monic Meisel wrote:
> Last year @battlemesh the hardware was self organized by the attendees   The  F
>  rderverein" has some stuff in our deposit, but I don t have any clue, what
> would you prefer or what are your needs?

Camp-chairs, backpacks, battery packs and solar panels (or
more battery packs) would be nice. So we could do zig-zag meshing
along the Spree and see which protocol achieves the longest distance,
highest throughput, lowest packet loss :-).

That would also be an opportunity to get everyone involved in the
testbed by assigning a half an hour shift to every participant
to guard a node :P.

We could also place some Pis at random distances generating random
tokens which would need to be collected from the c-base over the
mesh. I heard that crypto kitties are a thing these days. Which
protocol could catch the most :P?

Not a quite serious suggestion :-). (But actually... I would be
quite curious what size of an area we could span in such an adhoc,
collaborative manner. It'd be not just a technical but also a social
experiment, I guess :-). And it could be a public demonstration of
our demands.)