[Battlemesh] Invitation for LoRaWAN The Things Conference on Tour Maribor, Slovenia and elsewhere

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 12:06:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM Musti <musti at wlan-si.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> in Slovenia we have been seeing a steady shift of interest from
> community WiFi networking to IoT related topics, from WiFi connected
> sensors now to TheThingsNetwork, a community build global network for
> sensor communication. Thus we are organizing an event in Slovenia, to
> kickstart this even further, with a number of gateways already beign
> connected to wlan slovenia network.

TheThingsNetwork has put the requirements pretty high, they only
accept to register a master node if it has at least 3 channels, which
makes the entry cost prohibite (300eur for a node, and only Semtech is
providing those).

Single channel gateways can be built for around 10eur (esp8266+lora module).

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion (zoobab)
Email: zoobab at gmail.com