[Battlemesh] TODO stop using telegram/whatsapp for battlemesh stuff

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:03:30 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

WHY we are SO dependent on mobile phone networks?

Please! Stop using telegram or whatsapp channels for things related to
battlemesh. That is not an open service that everyone can join / it's
a 0 over 10 in hacker philosophy, right? Requires you to put a mobile
phone, and you know what you can do with a mobile phone number.

If you want to have an app for your great "smart"phone there are
plenty options. Reply to this message to suggest new ones.

What I use and recommend is using matrix server (you can build in your
own [1]) and the riot.im/app client allows you to chat in your
smartphone or desktop PC.

To join the "official" IRC channel through matrix:

    #freenode_#battlemesh:matrix.org

direct IRC is channel #battlemesh in #freenode

Thanks for reading,
Pedro

[1] https://github.com/guifi-exo/wiki/blob/master/howto/matrix-riot.md