[Battlemesh] battlemesh related projects

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:59:36 UTC 2018

* Thanks

Thanks for this great battlemesh. An unforgettable image: when on
Friday they were like 5 or 6 completely different and amazing salads
to choose in the lunch (!) and made by the community.

I appreciate a lot the hard work of Isa (last year) and Monic (this
year) coordinating community driven meals. It's great that it
happened, but don't worry if we don't have the forces for next
battlemesh because there are so many things going on.

* Notes

On one side I'm sharing my notes, in the other side I'm asking for
help / discussion.

So I decided to go a step forward and write some of the ideas that got
matured during battlemesh (other are from our community because this
will probably become the page to trigger research projects).

Feedback as a reply here / as a github issue / as a github pull
request is welcome. I'm also very interested knowing if you dislike
the information I put

** 60 GHz device in openwrt

I would like to know at least the name of the device that its openwrt
compatiblity is being worked on. Tath way I can somehow track its
compatibility as it improves.

(no link as I don't know almost anything of this project)

** DNS

I forgot to ask if any community has an internal DNS service that fits
more or less this requirements

https://github.com/guifi-exo/wiki/blob/master/info/research-projects.md#decentralized-dns

In guifi there is [dnsservices](https://github.com/guifi/dnsservices),
that works in a server-client manner, it is simple and effective; but
given the decentralized application trending nowadays, lets see if
this can be improved

If requirements are not fit, it is also interesting to know about your service.

** flashing roms

I would like to have better details on this part (if you validates the links)

https://github.com/guifi-exo/wiki/blob/master/info/research-projects.md#raspberry-pi--spi-interface

probably I'm reinventing the wheel and there are great resources to
reverse engineer devices.

** programming challenges

Anybody tried this in community networks or in other place?
https://github.com/guifi-exo/wiki/blob/master/info/research-projects.md#online-judge-programming-challenge-resource

If is open source and a framework to put problems on it, better.

Thanks for reading!
Pedro