[Battlemesh] Short update on COSLi

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 12:24:10 UTC 2018

Hi Yanosz and all,

I know very little about the topic, hope you find positive to
contribute to this discussion.

# Discourse way

I'm worried about the implications of this license for the people that
need to have DIY defense, examples: amazonia tribes, autonomous
regions [1], etc.

As is difficult for me to accept the Peer Production License [2], and
similar stuff [3].

... Or any license that put restrictions to freedom. Because I think
that the restrictions of freedom must be
regulated/consensuated/governed in an autonomous communities with a
huge support from the locals. And not by this kind of universal law.
And not because I don't trust universal stuff (like maths, physics,
human rights), but because sometimes is very difficult to formulate
it... And you don't know what's going to happen in 50 years.

# Three bullet points way:

- "They" are taking benefit of what we do, but if we license is free
as in freedom, we can enjoy what they did (example: Linux kernel -
GPL).
- Someone find that you are violating the license (with this kind of
retoric that you are terrorist)
- At some point, the need to use "evil methods" (considered as this
today, at least, I consider it) to survive.

# In one sentence

The license is not the place to fight this stuff. GPL is nice to
change property from private to common. And commons works better/is
richer than private and public [4]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Federation_of_Northern_Syria
[2] http://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/Peer_Production_License
[3] https://github.com/jamiebuilds/anti-fascist-mit-license