[Ninux-day] Wrap-up

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Wed Dec 2 00:03:49 CET 2009

Very illustrative the example of "wake up the dog" ;)

However I would like you to ask to think twice on this. I think neither
from OSA or other formal orgs like guifi.net should be any any problem
on signing/supporting this from the very beginning and might be
convenient to show them clearly what is being asked for clarification,
who and which interest sits at the behind. Following your analogy,
actually I was thinking to "hit the dog", you know... sometimes the dogs
have to be trained in that manner..

That might force them to answer even more carefully, and if I have to
bet on this, I would say that the regulator will answer in a way that
will point clearly that there is no need for authorization in our case,
and exclude us from the tax. Of course if the regulator doesn't answer
in the way we want, then we will take a proper action. We can even say
that in our letter. That would be the best scenario, and will give us a
written evidence that we souldn't have to be afraid of those laws in a
short term. To abolish or clarify a law, which could be also an
objective, might be much more difficult, by going to the parliement etc.
and also take years and require a lot of supports.

In the not probable case that the answer is unsatisfactory and we take
an action at UE level against a member state, will be much more powerful
for us if there is a clear and written evidence that they are actively
taking action on unfair policies and in contradiction of the UE
directives. Without this, they could answer us that we complain about a
law which is not being applied and we misunderstood.

My 2 cents ;)

Al 01/12/09 12:20, En/na clauz at ninux.org ha escrit: