[Ninux-day] Wrap-up

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Wed Dec 2 00:24:00 CET 2009

Al 02/12/09 00:11, En/na Mitar ha escrit:
> Hi!
>

>> In the not probable case that the answer is unsatisfactory and we
>> take an action at UE level against a member state, will be much more
>> powerful for us if there is a clear and written evidence that they
>> are actively taking action on unfair policies and in contradiction of
>> the UE directives.
>>
> Are there any concrete directives concerning WiFi on EU level? Might be
> useful to share links to them if you know them.

I'm refering basically to 2002/20/CE Art. 5 (Authorization Directive)
and the Article 87 of the UE treaty about fair competition (If I do
remember them correctly).
If we think carefully, we might find others.
googling by 2002/27CE you'll find it.
>> Without this, they could answer us that we complain about a law which
>> is not being applied and we misunderstood.
>>
> Which is also good because then they are giving green light to Ninux.

Well, might look like, but in this case we will still not have a clear
and written letter saying that there is no authorization required for
networks with non-commercial purposes, which is what we would like to
use as an evidence when someone appeals to the Italian law pointing that
community networks are illegal in Italy unless or do require to be
formally authorized.