[Ninux-day] Fwd: Re: Wrap-up

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Sun Dec 6 10:30:00 CET 2009

Al 05/12/09 14:14, En/na Paolo Brini ha escrit:
> Ramon Roca ha scritto:
>
>> IMHO, 1999/5/EC is at the core of the argument: If current Art. 5 of
>> the 2002/20/CE states that we should be under the general
>> authorization, without even having to notify anyone, and fall us under
>> the 1999/5/EC looks clear to me that a nation regulator or a member
>> state can not, afterwards, require any sort or specific
>> authorization/notification. Regarding to this, to me, current
>> 2002/20/CE looks more clear than the ammended, however 1999/5/EC is
>> still mentioned on the annex.
>> Don't know if there is a way that Pisanu law can claim any exception
>> for that.
>>
> Good! So, it's better to use Directive already in foce. I'll ask and see
> if Pisanu law can obtain some exception due to severe and justified
> reasons of national security (it's absurd but the law is to counter
> terrorism).
>
> Furthermore, I can safely assume that articles 7 and 8 of 1999/5/EC
> cover ubiquitous nanostations, right?

Yes. Those devices have the "CE" logo.
Also there are other manufacturers which can be used as en example. Some
of them from European countries such Lituania, Poland...
> When we are done I think I'll pass all the info to the group which is
> campaigning (also through one the biggest and most sold weekly magazine)
> against Pisanu law to obtain that coordination you were talking about.
> The decision on the law is for the 31st of December and there are also
> the objective difficulties you rightl mentioned, so I guess it's better
> to renounce (of course only momentarily) to a formal complaint to the
> General-Secretary of the Commission.

My suggestion is, before going to the UE, is to approach the Italian
Regulator to confirm their position about the need for specific
authorizations.
Someone should take a look to what's the format procedure for that in Italy.
A carefull reading of the Italian regulation should be done, afaik:
http://www.urpcomunicazioni.it/codice_comunicazioni.htm