[Ninux-day] Diversity chip on Linksys

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Wed Apr 21 02:07:19 CEST 2010

Hi!

I have a question if anybody could share some guidelines how can I
bypass diversity chip on Linksys WRT54GL as it seems it does not work
properly. I have been trying to do something like this by things I found
on the Internet, but it seems it does not work. This is how it looks
like now:

http://wlan-lj.net/attachment/ticket/246/DiversityChip-001.jpg
http://wlan-lj.net/attachment/ticket/246/DiversityChip-002.jpg
http://wlan-lj.net/attachment/ticket/246/DiversityChip-003.jpg

The symptoms are that for two nodes, one (lets say node A) with
suspected diversity problems and now removed diversity chip connects to
node B with OLSR's ILQ 1.0 (so node B receives without problems) and LQ
0.1 (so node A receives with big problems). So it seems that node A has
problems receiving. I was suspecting diversity chip and this is why I
tried to remove it. But it is not better.

(There is just 100 m between nodes and it is a direct visible link. Both
nodes have external antenna.)

Mitar