[Ninux-day] Diversity chip on Linksys

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:18:02 CEST 2010

> I have a question if anybody could share some guidelines how can I
> bypass diversity chip on Linksys WRT54GL as it seems it does not work
> properly. I have been trying to do something like this by things I found
[..CUT..]

About two years ago Jose from Unimos.net, a wireless community in
Portugal, came to visit us in Rome. I remember from the technical
discussions we had, that they where using all broadcom devices like
WRT54G with  hardware hack on diversity chip.

If you dig on the unimos.net website you should be able to find the
documentation of this hack that was about bypassing the diversity
chip.

Unfortunately we are not anymore in touch with Jose. I wrote several
times to him to invite to past events (WCW2009, NinuxDay2009), but I
never got a reply :( This is bad because he was a really good
community guy.

I'm 99% sure his name was Jose, and he was the only developer there in
Portugal, maybe the other Ninux guys can confirm his name.

Saverio