[Nodeshot] Little issue, easy to solve, please participate

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Oct 21 23:44:37 CEST 2012

Hi Valerio, thank you for joining.

I'll explain you what you need to do:

 1. First of all, if you don't have it, make an account on github
 2. fork nodeshot
 3. now in your repository, give this commit:
    git remote add <remote_name> <your_fork_url>
    remote name usually is origin, but pheraphs you already have origin
    so you should use something different. If you want to use origin
    you'll have to give another command "git remote set-url origin <new_url>
    regarding the URL
    in place of <your_fork_url> you'll have to put the git URL of your
    forked repository. Better if it uses the git protocol and don't
    forget to upload your public SSH key to github (checkout your
    profile/account settings)
 4. now check out the django {% trans %} template tag, which is what you
    have to use to make strings translatable (like in this case) by the
    django internationalization system in templates
    https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/i18n/internationalization/#trans-template-tag
 5. then check out this file:
    https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/blob/master/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
    that's were translation strings must be added, it's fairly easy to
    figure out how it works and what you need to add
 6. after editing the .po file you'll have to compile the strings by
    running django-admin.py compilemessages as described in
    https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/i18n/translation/#compiling-message-files
 7. check out everything works as expected, that is if you set your
    settings.py file to use italian you should see the string in
    italian, otherwise in english
 8. when you're sure changes work as expected, stage the files to commit:
    git status
    git add <file1>
    git add <file2>
    etc..
    git commit
    git push origin master
 9. now submit a pull request to the dev branch of the main repository

That's it. It's actually faster to do it than explaining it really.

Fed.