[Nodeshot] TX, RX rate

nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Fri Nov 8 15:51:06 CET 2013

 On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 14:59:31 +0100, Clauz <clauz at ninux.org> wrote:
> On 11/08/2013 02:26 PM, nemesis wrote:

>>> wow!

>>> The overhead might be related to the connection method (e.g. ssh),
>>> don't think actual queries are heavy.
>>
>> We can use SNMP or any other protocol that feels lighter.
>> Do you have the link to the work that is being done on NodeDB?
>
> Yes, here it is:
>
> https://redmine.confine-project.eu/projects/nodedb/repository/revisions/master/show/spider
>
> Some results of the spidering should be published here:
> http://stats.funkfeuer.at/
>
>> Regarding the connection method, there is a lot we can do as a
>> group.
>>
>> I want to explain to everyone what I have been done latelly with the
>> help of Fabys, Lux and Matteo (Ninux.org).
>>
>> Check these out:
>>
>> https://github.com/nemesisdesign/nodeshot/blob/refactoring/nodeshot/networking/connector/classes/ssh.py
>
> (perhaps we could use also key authentication instead of username and
> password?)

 Yes, is already implemented and working.

 I tested it with Matteo (Arzinet node in Rome), he added my public key
 to his device, and the nodeshot instance running on my computer has been
 able to enter into his device and fetch the data even though i purposely
 put a wrong username/password combination.

 N.