[Nodeshot] Next UI improvements on the list

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Dec 21 21:00:41 CET 2014

Here's a quick pre-christmas update!

On 11/28/2014 12:39 PM, Nemesis wrote:

> These are the next issues we'll be working on:
>
>   * UI, MapView refactoring and improvements:
>     https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/issues/133

This is taking quite some effort but the results are quite good: the map
loads faster, the code is much more readable and maintainable, issue
#171 will be resolved as well as a result of this work.

I'm working on a separate branch:
https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/tree/ui-refactoring

>   * Flexible Add / Edit node:
>     https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/issues/200

I will work on this after having completed issue 133.

>   * Graphite/StatsD integration:
>     https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/pull/195

We have tried both graphite and influxdb, have not decided yet, but
influxdb looks promising, easier to get running and easier to distribute
across more servers.

Have a nice christmas to you all!

Federico