[Nodeshot] Install a development git environment

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Nov 2 00:13:25 CET 2014

Hi Pablo,

sorry for my slightly late response, I returned recently from the Google
Mentor Summit in the US and it took me a while to recover from the
jetlag... :-/

On 11/02/2014 12:06 AM, Nemesis wrote:

> [...]

Are you talking about these?

https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/pull/191
https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot-fabfile/pull/2

Much appreciated.

> Now we're trying to install it directly from source code in order to
> test some changes.
>
> Could you say us an easy way to do it?
>
> Grazie mille.
>
> [1] http://nodeshot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/manual_install.html

You are just on time, this thing was in my back log as other people
(Gabriel from Firenze) asked it few weeks ago.

https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/issues/190

Now I divided the "Install python packages" subsection in "Manual
Install" in order to state explicitly the difference between installing
nodeshot via pip for production or for development:

http://nodeshot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/manual_install.html#install-python-packages

I also added a link to a new page dedicated to contributors:

http://nodeshot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/contribute.html

People: let me know if it's clear enough or you think it needs some more
clarification.

Federico