[Nodeshot] Automated install procedure docs

nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Fri Sep 5 22:37:16 CEST 2014

 On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:14 +0000, Gabriel <gabriel at autistici.org>
 wrote:

 CUT

> I've used it to install a nodeshot instance on my server.Just some
> thing:
>
> The url that links to the fabfile actually links to the html page of
> github. A links to the raw file would be less trivial.
>
> There isn't an "apt-get update"before the install of git, in a fresh
> VM this could cause an error.
>
> If the user put a wrong project name the script return the error
> after
> all the compilation and installation stuff and you have to restart
> from scratch
>
> I've got this error during the Nodeshot's initialization
>
> http://pastebin.com/cwyaT4JA

 Hi Gabriel,

 while i have been working to update the fabfile script to reflect the
 latest changes I have tried the installation on a few linux containers
 with lxc.

 I tried ubuntu 13.10 and debian, while tweaking on debian I incurred in
 the same problem which I solved by putting POSTGIS_VERSION = (2, 0, 3)
 in the settings file.

 On which OS were you trying the script?

 Nemesis