[Nodeshot] Taskbar folding

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Mon Jan 26 18:01:59 CET 2015

On 01/26/2015 05:59 PM, Eden Ray Gardner wrote:
> A UX feature that I think could be improved upon: When folding out the
> taskbar (from the rightside bottom corner) the map shifts to the left
> (to make room for the taskbar). It would be better/ more natural when
> the map does not move (the taskbare then folds 'on top of' the map
> instead of moving it).

You mean on mobiles, right?

Another problem occurs when the toolbar is higher than the screen size,
for example, when in horizontal mode.
Also, the tooltips of the buttons can't be shown as there's no hover
event on mobiles.
That's why I was considering an alternative design for narrow screen sizes.

Something like the menu which is shown when clicking the upper right
corner, with the difference of having a similar style with the toolbar.

Federico