[Nodogsplash] Redirect when there is no Internet connection.

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Jan 22 11:34:53 UTC 2015

I wrote a tiny DNS proxy server for this purpose that simply sends clients a fake A record response when your DNS server responds with the refused RCODE flag set (which happens when you don't have an internet connection). All other DNS responses it sends back to the client untouched. I've only done basic testing on it and plan to improve it in the coming weeks, but feel free to try it out: https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-dnsproxy

Dan