[ninux-not-wireless] 3.0-rc1

clauz at ninux.org clauz at ninux.org
Mon May 30 16:30:48 CEST 2011

On 05/30/2011 04:04 PM, Niccolò Avico wrote:
> 2011/5/30 <clauz at ninux.org <mailto:clauz at ninux.org>>
>
>     On 05/24/2011 02:21 PM, OrazioPirataDelloSpazio (Lorenzo) wrote:
>     > http://lwn.net/Articles/444314/
>
>     su
>     http://www.kernel.org/
>     e' comparso:
>     mainline: 3.0-rc1 2011-05-30
>
> VERY major release: si sa già qualche caratteristica fortemente
> innovativa di questo kernel?

Si': il numero di release!

da http://lwn.net/

The first 3.0 kernel prepatch is out
[Kernel] Posted May 30, 2011 2:24 UTC (Mon) by corbet

Linus has announced the availability of the 3.0-rc1 kernel prepatch. "So
what are the big changes? NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Sure, we
have the usual two thirds driver changes, and a lot of random fixes, but
the point is that 3.0 is *just* about renumbering, we are very much
*not* doing a KDE-4 or a Gnome-3 here. No breakage, no special scary new
features, nothing at all like that. We've been doing time-based releases
for many years now, this is in no way about features. If you want an
excuse for the renumbering, you really should look at the time-based one
('20 years') instead." Perhaps the most significant changes since our
first merge window summary are the addition of Cleancache and the
namespace file descriptors patch. We'll have a second merge window
summary out shortly; in the meantime, it seems that kernel.org isn't
quite ready to show changelogs for the new numbering scheme - stay tuned.

--
Clauz