[Battlemesh] [Battlemesh-organizers] Wireless Battle Mesh (WBM) v4 in Barcelona area early September?

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Sat Jun 5 20:07:25 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Henning Rogge <hrogge at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 18:36, Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am writing to you from WBMv3 in Bracciano, Italy:
>>
>> http://battlemesh.org/
>>
>> We are looking for a place to organise WBMv4, and someone proposed
>> Barcelona, because of the weather, airport, and the large Guifi
>> community.
>>
>> Do you have any ideas and propositions for a good location?
>>
>> The ideal place can be a place for camping and tents, max number of
>> people to host is like for WBMv3, min 30 people max 50 people.
>>
>> If you cannot help, I have to know within 7 days, so that I can
>> organise something in Luxembourg or South of Belgium.
> I think it's a BAD idea to have two battlemeshs in the same year.
> There are many wireless community based events, so I don't think most
> people will have enough holiday days and money to get to both.

You can have several flabour of those events, no need to name it
exactly WBMv4, it can me more general:

1. Community mesh network camp
2. Wireless Longshots Camp
3. MeshInTheWoods Camp
4. GreenMeshNetworks Camp
5. Babel Wireless Mesh Event
6. Mesh on steroids with big omni antennas
7. WiFi Antennas Camp
8. etc... (put yours here)

What do you think?

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403