[Battlemesh] tests for WBMv3

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Wed May 26 11:34:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Luca Tavanti
<luca.tavanti at iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> How can you be sure that static routes are the optimum?
> This can esily be seen on a very simple topology, but how can you define the optimum routes when the topology gets bigger (and the physical parameters are hardly known a priori)?

You can know the physical parameters before setting up manually the
route (ex: SNR).

You can also try to make simple tests of throughput with a fixed bitrate.

I don't know if the atheros wireless driver reports well the SNR to
neighboors in adhoc.

> As for the layer 1 and 2, and I agree with you.
> At least a rough measure of the RSSI/SNR should be done along with the tests (even though, being in a camping, I do not expect much interference...)

Reproductibility is important.

I mean silence is the sense of "we know what is the spectrum usage at
a defined location".

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403