[Battlemesh] tests for WBMv3

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Wed May 26 11:40:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Luca Tavanti
<luca.tavanti at iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> Hi Elektra,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply :)
>
> Yes, ping could be a useful tool for generating simple traffic and collecting statistics.
>
> As for running two protocols at the same time, it has pros and cons.
> You indeed let them work under the same environment, but, what if you want to compare three or more protocols? Set up a sort of tournament?
> Also, how can you be sure that the protocols do not disturb each other? Especially when you increase the load, this is not such a remote possibility...
>
> Finally, can I ask you how you plan to measure overhead?

What I did to generate traffic between 2 foneras was to create a 4MB
file with DD in a ramfs (/tmp/4M), and wget it to /dev/null on the
otherside.

I avoid using iperf now, because packet generation takes too much CPU.

Otherwise the best is to generate the traffic with computers that are
not routers.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403