[Battlemesh] Battle suggestion

Roger Baig ViƱas roger.baig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:02:20 CEST 2011

Hello Jernej,

AFAIK WBM are events made by the attendees, so feel free to volunteer
to make what you are missing happen and use the mailing list to ask
for help. I'm pretty sure that if you take the responsibility to
organize such workshops the experts will be happy to teach there
whatever you think must be taught. For instance, in WBMv4 Marek made
himself responsible of the talks organization. In that case he had to
sync with each speaker and manage the agenda, but of course, the talks
were given by others. In the case of the workshops you are proposing
(I think its a good idea) and the epic battle just the same: someone
(preferably more than one person) must take things in hands.

Best regards.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Jernej Kos <kostko at unimatrix-one.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a suggestion for next battles concerning the "layout" of the
> event. There were a lot of interesting talks and people and all this was
> great, but I think that the actual battle part of the event was maybe
> not so prominent as it should be.
>
> There were also some newcomers to the whole flashing and configuring
> process, so my proposal is that there should be some kind of workshop at
> the beginning that would involve the people present in understanding the
> routing protocols, their implementations and configuration. I am sure
> that not everyone knows all their dirty little details, especially
> because there are changes from one event to the other. This would enable
> all participants to be more up to date with things they might have
> missed or are not familiar with.
>
> After that, test scenarios and goals of the tests would be discussed
> (also some of this could be discussed in advance on the mailing list),
> the mesh deployed and the protocols would then engage in an epic battle.
> I think this would enable us to get more representative results in the end.
>
> Ofcourse there is a problem combining this with all the awesome talks as
> there were really a lot of them, so I am not sure what the best
> compromise would be. But I think we should discuss something in this
> direction.
>
> Jernej

roger