[Battlemesh] Radio power

Ryan Hughes ryan at iheartryan.com
Wed Apr 20 18:09:08 CEST 2011

Hi.  I was just talking to the guy that runs "Wireless Ypsi" - that's a
large wireless network in our neighboring town that, unfortunately, runs
Meraki stuff.

He said that Meraki's software has the ability to automatically decide
when to adjust its radio power.  You know - reduce power when there's a
lot of nodes in the area, to reduce interference; increase power when
there are few nodes, to increase coverage.

I have not yet seen an open-source program that does this.  Is there one?

I'd write one, but I'm not entirely sure what the algorithm should be.
(and, of course, Meraki's is closed-source, so there's no way to know what
their algorithm is).  Have people written about this?

Thanks.
--Ryan