[Battlemesh] Battlemesh-like experiment in Washington, DC

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Tue Aug 9 23:04:06 CEST 2011

Hi!

> We're writing a custom control panel in Python, using CherryPy for the
> web server and Mako for the templating system.

What exactly is this control panel? What do you understand under this
term? It is something running on the node? Or on the server?

Is there some webpage with more about that?

> However, it is my hope that by providing a large enough address space
> (17,891,328) we can minimize the number of IP address collisions in a
> given mesh.  If need be, we can always try a different approach.

You are talking about IPv6 or IPv4 here?In IPv4 some MAC address + IPv6
prefix could be enough.

In IPv4 is problem, that if you will take big address space you will
have problems peering with other mesh networks. If this will be one day
interesting to you. (At least in Europe we are slowly trying to connect
all networks together.)

Mitar