[Battlemesh] Good omni antennas

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Tue Aug 16 23:01:03 CEST 2011

Hi!

Does anybody know some good but cheap omni (~8dbi) antennas? We have
been trying few but they are not good.

I think there are really big differences between different antennas and
manufacturers. I think we do not pay enough attention to that. Maybe it
would be useful to share good experiences with concrete
antennas/manufacturers. We could also make some testing/comparison at
next battle mesh? Because it is similar problem: each installation is
different and it is hard to compare antennas. So it would be best to try
different antennas on the same installation and see how it goes. But
often (at least here in Slovenia) we do not have many different antennas
lying around to try them all at the same time.

Mitar