[Battlemesh] Help needed presenting our mesh based app @ Battlemesh

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 11:56:31 CET 2011

Hi :).

> Has anybody responded to that? It seems really a great idea.

Mitar, thanks so much for responding and the kind words :)
Marek, has been the one who guided us into writing to the
battlemesh mailing list (thanks :) ).

We haven't heard from anyone who is attending and could help
us test this out there or rip this apart and see how we can improve
on this, however everyone is probably gearing towards battlemesh
and we're still keeping our fingers crossed :)

> those guys aboard, would it be possible to arrange something for them?

Thanks again for the recommendation, truly appreciate the thought :)

> these guys are not students yet, it seems difficult. Well, in fact it seems they
> are a company.

To clarify, at the moment we are just two guys with an idea in our head and
not a formal company. We're doing this in typical open source fashion,
we believe in this idea and really want to see it grow and benefit the
community. Yes, somewhere doing the line we would love if we could
generate some financial gain from this. For now we're pushing it since
at least so far no one has told us to stop our madness :)

Our primary goals are:

- To study (preferably if someone could test on a fairly sized mesh
network such as @battlemesh :) ):
  - effects (usability, overall network congestion,etc) of using
software from devices multiple hops away.
  - collect data that would help down the road in reducing network
footprint caused by X and improve efficiency.
  - expose bugs in our software :)

- Interact and get an understanding from people on pros,cons and how
the different mesh protocols would perform in this scenario.
- Preferably have someone with more experience with mesh networks help
us improve on this :)

If someone could talk about this there and help us with even a little
of the above it would be great. We'll settle for joining in virtually
via webconf, irc or some means and giving as much assist as we can :)

Thanks so much for your time :)

Jeetu
ebrain.in