[Battlemesh] Help needed presenting our mesh based app @ Battlemesh

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 05:56:02 CET 2011

Hi guys,

> Access in which way? Plugin to what? For which devices?

Mitar, we have a plugin to OLSR itself, this adds information to the
OLSR message and sends out the username of the eBrainPool client on
that machine. Other devices that also have this plugin interpret and
recognize this additional payload as part of the message. The plugin
communicates with the eBrainPool client program on that device and
sends out the username and IP of the device with this additional
payload. The client verifies that there is indeed another client that
it can connect to at the other end and then shows this in it's list of
users around you. It also fetches list of software installed at the
other end along with basic information on operating system,etc of the
other device. The user can choose which of this software around him he
wants to run. SSH, X and FUSE then kick in :) So far we've got this
going on our Debian laptops and on our Moblin netbook with some basic
testing on Meego. I have olsr itself working on my n900. The code
still needs more work and so we're focusing on getting this clean and
working seamlessly on one platform before porting it on the others.

Some more details can be found on our site however hopefully this helps :)

> For example Paul (I added him to CC) is working on a Serval project:

> http://www.servalproject.org/

> and they also need Android devices for development. And they are from
> Australia. ;-) So maybe you should get into the contact with him.

Excellent idea Mitar, I've read about Serval on Ars technica I think :)

> We can also share our code and experience getting BATMAN and other fun
> things running on Android.

Paul, this would be excellent :)....what part of Australia are you at?
Erle is in Sydney so yes it would be great if there could be some
exchange of ideas :) Testing each others apps on the devices we have
would be great.

With the Android one of our chief concerns is that it doesn't use X
and that's what makes it possible for us to have remote apps work
across the network. This is an area we need to put some thought on :)

> Does somebody has tried to implement the OSLR over N900

Shamsul and Paul:

I have OLSR running on my n900 and it works fine, the link below
should help. Stop the wlan manager (I think stop wlanconf) and put
your phone in ad-hoc mode before you try this, it works fine :) :

http://wiki.funkfeuer.at/index.php/OLSR_am_Nokia_N900

Jeetu,
ebrain.in