[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:54:53 CET 2011

On Friday 25 March 2011 18:35:42 Marek Lindner wrote:
> where do you want us to draw the line ? I see the following options:

> * We disapprove the mention of military use cases during talks only. Before
> and after the talks people are free to discuss military use cases as they
> like.
I am okay with this.

> * We disapprove any military use case discussion during the event (no
> matter whether public or private talks).
I don't think we have any right to decide what people do in private during our
event.

> * We disapprove people even mentioning that they work for a company /
> university / research facility on military related topics.
I am not prepared to hide that I work for a research institute that does
mostly military stuff. Hiding things like this is no sollution.

> * We ban people that work for a company / university / research facility on
> military related topics.
Has been nice to be at Battlemesh 3/4...

> * We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
> which has branches working on military related topics although the person
> itself is not directly involved.
See above.

> * We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
> which at some point in time worked or (in the future) might work on
> military related topics.
See above.

> * We ban people that are part of a company / university / research facility
> which made business and/or received funding / donations directly or
> indirectly from the military ?
See above.

Henning Rogge
--