[Battlemesh] Seems that we can "close" battlemesh open80211s :P

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Sep 2 19:49:20 CEST 2011

> But I'm not really sure about that, anybody has experimented with it?

No, but I've read a draft of the spec.

It's using an interesting hybrid routing protocol, partly based on AODV
and partly on naïve tree distribution protocols.  It uses a metric that
takes both packet loss and link rate into account, which is pretty cool.

On the other hand, it's a very complex protocol.  In the best tradition
of IEEE 802.11, it includes a large number of optional features that
vendors are not going to implement (including an optional routing
protocol based on OLSR (!) and the option to temporarily switch
frequencies in order to avoid interference (!!)).  I'm pretty positive
that independent implementations won't interoperate initially, just like
it happened with original (pre-B) IEEE 802.11.

In short, it'll take some time to mature, but it's likely to be pretty
cool.

-- Juliusz