[Battlemesh] Seems that we can "close" battlemesh open80211s :P

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Sep 3 11:59:47 CEST 2011

> I read the draft about 18 months ago, and I remember it was designed
> for small networks around ~32 nodes.

If I recall correctly, up to 32 *mesh* nodes and arbitrary numbers of
STAs (non-routing nodes).

Note that limiting the scope of a standard is not necessarily a bad
thing.  (Of course, this being the IEEE, they've still managed to design
a uselessly complicated thing with millions of options that'll never be
implemented.  Does anyone still remember the FH PHY of 802.11?)

-- Juliusz