[Battlemesh] Wireless Battle Mesh v5 - Next steps

Andrew Parnell andrew at parnell.ca
Thu Sep 22 06:52:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Nico <nico at openwrt.org> wrote:
> I hope everybody had good time during summer, now it is time to start
> organizing our next gathering. Following the various discussions we had at
> the WBMv4, we should finalize our plans and agree on "some" remaining
> details, like:
>  - date
>  - location
>  - roadmap / agenda
>  - participants
>  - call for papers
>  - logo / advertising
>  - battle?

One thing I would like to suggest is to have a more formalised
arrangement for the test network that we will use for WBMv5.  Though I
am a newcomer to this, one thing that I couldn't help but notice was
that many of us were there for 5-6 days before we were actually
deploying the Foneras and building a test mesh.  It seems that this is
not the most efficient use of our time.  Perhaps we could find a way
to require that each team/group who wishes to submit code for testing
must have this ready to go /before/ the event begins.  This way, a
firmware image can be prepared in advance, and once people begin to
arrive, we can set up the mesh immediately and have much more time for
testing.  We would probably also want to have another deadline(s)
sometime in the middle of the event perhaps, where updates can be
provided and a new firmware image(s) compiled.  Hopefully this would
allow us to use the short time we have to the maximum benefit, and we
could really get some good tests/statistics compiled as a result.
This is the spirit of the event, is it not? :)

Andrew