[Battlemesh] [FNF-Contact] Do you know this initiatives?

Isaac Wilder isaac at freenetworkmovement.org
Wed Feb 8 04:49:52 CET 2012

On 02/06/2012 02:57 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Albert Homs i Gall wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the late response, your mail finished in spam folder. I add
in the mail roaster a guifi.net mailing list and the battlemesh mailing
list where most of the european networks have some components
No worries! Someone in our IP block was spamming, so we've been having
trouble recently.

As far as the lists go, a hardy hello to all the mesh heads out there!

My name is Isaac Wilder, and I'm one of the directors of the Free
Network Foundation. We were founded last May, and have been working on
various networking solutions since that time. Our aim is to decentralize
not just networks, but information flows as well. We don't think a mesh
network is all that useful if it's just used as an access/last-mile
replacement, so we are working with the FreedomBox project to build a
technology stack that will encourage people not only to connect locally,
but to share locally as well.

>> For all that not aware I found this iniatitive
http://freenetworkfoundation.org/ and send them the first e-mail of the
this thread

[snip original message]

> Issac, did you know about the ISCWN ? www.wirelesssummit.org.
> That kind of congress has been going on for some years already :)
> It is sometimes described as the "UN of wireless community networks".
I definitely have heard of ISCWN. I very much hope that I'll be able to
attend in Barcelona. I was also hoping to make it to battlemesh 5 in
Athens, but unfortunately I can't make it due to some occupy-related
legal proceedings.

> The next one will take place in Barcelona . Details will still be
announced.
Who are the organizers?
I would love to help organize/sponsor/program the summit, if that's
still a possibility.

We hope still to organize a stateside gathering, as we would really like
to see the proliferation of materially peer-to-peer communications here
in the states, as well as abroad. Would love to be able to bring over
some folks from Europe to share their know-how, and to foster community.

with respect and determination,

Isaac Wilder
Executive Director, The Free Network Foundation
www.thefnf.org