[Battlemesh] ACTA

Federico Capoano federico at nemesisdesign.net
Sun Feb 12 11:36:22 CET 2012

What do you think about ACTA? Does it threathen also wireless
communities? I think the answer is yes since some of us are Autonomous
Systems with our own ip addresses, so if the treaty won't be rejected we
will become responsible for what everyone that connects to our network
(even random people from open 2.4 ghz hotspots) will do. We will have to
log everything included names of who connects (something that many of us
are completely against) and if we wouldn't do it we would be considered
responsible for copyright violations or any other crime accusation they
will come up to. The very worrying thing is that all this will happen in
an extrajudicial process. They want to form an "ACTA committee" that
will be in charge of interpreting and implementing the treaty,
everything behind closed doors.

I wanted to know what are you doing in other countries. Here in Italy I
wrote a post on my blog and I diffused the information as much as I
could but it seems there hasn't been much interest in doing something
against this treaty, mainly because there has been very little
information, most of the people are completely unaware of this.

I've seen in northern european countries there was quite a lot of action
and protesting. I'm very happy of that.

*Federico Capoano*
Web Designer & Web Developer
Portfolio/Blog: nemesisdesign.net <http://nemesisdesign.net>