[Battlemesh] Mesh Networking could save lives. Help Needed!

Gioacchino Mazzurco gmazzurco89 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:46:24 CET 2012

+1
On Saturday 11 February 2012 18:37:41 Federico Capoano wrote:

Il 11/02/2012 17.48, Fotis P ha scritto:
not to start a political thread, but this "Another point of view is also worth
mentioning and considering" definately needs clarification.
My point of view is the following:

I support freedom of speech, freedom of expression and freedom of
communication, which is why i'm here in this list in the first place.

I advise against getting involved in a very difficult political situation like
Syria in which there's manipulation from both sides (syrian government and
syrian opposition) [1]; some suspects should arise after acknowledging that
the opposition and armed groups are being supported by foreign western
countries [2].

However, I don't want to offend the sensitivity of anyone nor intend we
shouldn't do anything to help them, I guess the maximum we could do is to make
some material on how to build a mesh network. Other than this I don't see any
other practical thing that we can do to help the Syrian people. If anyone has
any better idea let us know.

[1]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwzeQ-1Gt0
[2]: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/18/us-usa-syria-wikileaks-
idUSTRE73H0E720110418