[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 1 14:37:26 CET 2012

> So, here are some ideas:
> http://www.battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV5/Tests

Excellent. Thanks a lot for your work, Clauz.

In the "Channel Surfer" test, I'd like to see throughput results (not
necessarily taken into account in the competition, just for my own
education).

I'm not sure it's possible -- but if we have the hardware, I'd like to
see a test with multi-radio nodes.

In the "Convergence Time" test, you need to clarify what you mean by
"turn off" -- that could mean switching the radio on/off, restarting the
routing daemon, or rebooting the node.  (All of our routing protocols
keep state across a link outage, and Babel keeps state between daemon
restarts -- a Babel node that has lost its persistent state can take up
to three minutes to reinsert itself into the mesh.)

Finally, are you planning to run all routing protocols in parallel, or
sequentially?

Thanks again,

-- Juliusz