[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Mar 6 14:09:09 CET 2012

>> In the "Convergence Time" test, you need to clarify what you mean by
>> "turn off" -- that could mean switching the radio on/off, restarting the
>> routing daemon, or rebooting the node.  (All of our routing protocols
>> keep state across a link outage, and Babel keeps state between daemon
>> restarts -- a Babel node that has lost its persistent state can take up
>> to three minutes to reinsert itself into the mesh.)

> What I have in mind is powering off (and then back on) the node.

Babel nodes that lose their seqno may take up to 200 seconds to rejoin
the network; hence this test doesn't make much sense for Babel.

Once again, I have no objection if you penalise Babel for that in the
competition, but I'd be grateful if you could run a test that makes
sense for Babel in addition to the standardised test.  I suggest either
ifdown/ifup of the radio interface, or shutting down and restarting the
babeld daemon cleanly (so that /var/lib/babel-state is preserved).

-- Juliusz