[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:03:28 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 17:03, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
<zioproto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have been contacted privately by someone that works for the Dutch
> Army, to attend a private meeting in Athens during the Battlemesh
> days.
> The informal meeting would be about OLSR dev team roadmap and works
> done by this company on the OLSR code.
>
> I refused to attend this meeting, of course.

As long as they come to talk about Mesh code and how to improve it, I
see no problem with this.

I think its much better to get some feedback and maybe code for our
open codebase from anyone than just blocking it off.

What we don't want (thats at least my perception of the last
Battlemesh) is someone holding a talk and using it for advertising his
commercial or military company thing.

> please heads up. We are not going to tolerate people from the war
> industry at the Battle Mesh.

I am not sure how wide you define "war industry", but I think you are
aware that I am working for a research institute that does mostly
military projects?

Henning Rogge
--
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that