[Battlemesh] WBMv6 second option: Aalborg, Denmark

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Wed May 2 11:41:09 CEST 2012

On 04/30/2012 08:23 AM, Martin Hundebøll wrote:
> Hi All
>
> As you might be aware, my colleagues and I would also like to invite you
> all to Aalborg for the next battlemesh. Like Michel, I have have some
> thoughts and ideas about the plans for a battelmesh in Aalborg:
>
> *Warm Up*
> 100 km south of Aalborg, we have one of the oldest wireless communities
> in Europe: DjurslandS.net. Since 2000, they have provided cheap internet
> access to rural areas in the region and from what I heard in the media,
> they are considering to start on GSM as well. We should go there to meet
> and see how they operate.
>
> *BattleMesh*
> The battlemesh will take place in the university campus. We will
> allocate a few seminar rooms and have access to both the buildings and
> internet around the clock. For the accommodation, we will try to make a
> "Nefeli" and make a group reservation on one of the local hotels. If
> some would rather save the hotel-costs, we can provide a room and
> madrasses on campus (we also have showers, etc.).
>
> Also, we should pay a visit to hal9k (the local hackerspace), DE-klubben
> (the departments studentbar), Jomfru Ane Gade (the disco street) and
> more. With regard to food, we will arrange "breakfeast" and dinner on
> campus, while you will probably have to buy lunch in the canteen. Off
> course there will be unlimited coffee :)
>

> I don't know how to choose between Ibiza and Aalborg, but I guess we
> will figure something out :) I am looking forward to seeing you all again!

Hi, all.

I would give higher priority to a Battlemesh in Aalborg, because Martin
has already been in several other Battlemesh events, thus he knows the
spirit and what is needed for a successful event.

Also the presence of the legendary DjurslandS network (one of the most
ancient and successful community networks), and a 24h open facility are
very good reasons.

just my 2 cents,
Clauz