[Battlemesh] WBMv6 third option: Vienna

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Thu May 10 00:25:59 CEST 2012

Hi!

Team: the usual Funkfeuer suspects :)

Location: probably the Techgate. http://www.techgate.at/en/home/
  They essentially have everything there. Very easy for any event.
   It is very well connected via public transportation (metro) and you are in the center in 7 minutes.
   Fiber connection available
   Next to the Techgate you have a sidearm of the Danube where you can either swim or take a boat ride.

If you are interested, I can also look out for more "grungy/ underground" locations (less chic). We could probably get some rooms at the University as well.

Date: I would propose end of April or beginning of May since then the weather starts to be really nice and it is great time to also experience the city.

As already mentioned - a warm up event with mountain hiking and installing Wi-fi nodes in the alps can be arranged.

Vienna has a few advantages:
  * it is well connected, flights are cheap, it is central in Europe.
  * things are easy. Transportation is very good
  * going out is still affordable compared to other major european cities.
  * hostels/hotels are OK

Well, it is sort of the comfy-but-not-too-expensive option IMHO.

Aaron.

PS: I already organized an event there, so I know how it goes. It's not so complicated.