[Battlemesh] International links between Austria, Croatia, and Slovenia

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Sat Oct 20 09:25:23 CEST 2012

2012-10-20 kl. 08:29 skrev Henning Rogge:

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Paul Gardner-Stephen
> <paul at servalproject.org> wrote:
>> WiFi long-shots from USA->Alaska->Russia->Europe should be possible?
>
> Only with really high towers or a relay station on the island in the
> Bering Strait.
> (its nearly 100 km of water if you don't have a relay on the island)
>
> ;)

Maybe a different frequency for the long shot links?

I managed to get a few minutes with some radio engineers at the Swedish regulatory board yesterday, and they said that it might be possible to get a six month test license for using TV white spaces for WLAN USE (and that that might be interesting to them as well).

Now all that remains (</sarcasm>) is to find some openwrt devices for TV white spaces and funding...
(Anyone know of any EU initiatives for something like "rural broadband for lowly populated areas"?)