[Battlemesh] Spread the enthusiasm

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Wed Oct 24 19:09:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

in Italy we have many new community networks that have just born, from
south to north, plus several other cities are considering to join.

I think that the battlemesh could be an occasion to bring us italians
together as I'm not sure we'll be able to organize a national meeting
before april because we have so many things to do in Rome with the new
*Fusolab 2.0* that we are setting up.

So I *really *want to promote this event in italy with large
anticipation, hoping that the most active people from different italian
cities will be interested, join in and meetup in denemark. It would be a
great occasion to let them discover the rest of the global movement of
community networks which they're not really aware of, I know because
being myself new to it, I can tell they're not aware of it at the same
level as I wasn't aware until I came last april in Athens (and Barcelona
at the beginning of this month was great to meet more people from the
American, Asian and Australian continent).

I have 1 request for you:

can we have a clear list of the people that will talk with some enphasis
on who will hold the talk?
I also think it would be good to have all the list of the
organizations/groups (eg: Freifunk, Funkfeuer, OpenWRT, OLSR, Batman
ecc.) participating in the event to be included in some graphical way..
like logos on the bottom of a digital poster to spread, in a concept
that is somehow similar to this page (which btw needs to be updated
IMHO): http://battlemesh.org/AboutUs

I can help out in writing a draft of a press release to spread if you
like the idea.

Let me know what you think!
Fed