[Battlemesh] WBMv6 - Hardware / Sponsoring

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 25 22:36:44 CEST 2012

Op 10/25/12 8:52 PM, Bastian Bittorf schreef:
> dear crowd,
>
> as already mentioned at closing ceremony at WBMv5 in Athens,
> we will sponsor this year the test nodes. We prefer
>
> Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
>
> because of dual-radio 2.4 + 5 GHz and enough ram/flash:
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-hp-ag300h
>
> my proposal is to order/send the stuff directly to
> the location. it doesnt matter how many we need of them,
> we will use it after the event anyway in reallife.
>
> any suggestions or complains about this?

We (Wireless Leiden) are considering participating -first time- in this
event. However, we use a different software configuration: no OpenWRT
but FreeBSD operating system with out own 'lvrouted' routing protocol.

We would have a problem with the proposed hardware as this is a MIPS
processor not an IA32 type. In our network we use PCEngines Alix2D13
boards as the core of our 'independent radio interfaces system'.
This configuration provides a lot of flexibility for using and comparing
various software and radio hardware configurations, but costs are higher.

Kind regards,
Huub