[Battlemesh] Testing performance to multiple end nodes under fq_codel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:21:30 CEST 2013

the "rtt_fair" test from netperf-wrappers is suitable for testing to/from
up to 4 endpoint sinks from the test source.

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~d/rtt_fair_long_efq_codel_quantum_500.svg

I'll put up the other slides from my too-rapid-talk later today or tomorrow.

Some other links:

BQL: http://lwn.net/Articles/454390/
Codel and fq_codel to some extent:
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki

We have a draft on fq_codel intended for lwn due... well... months ago.

The ietf ICCRG reports:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-iccrg-0.pdf
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-iccrg-3.pdf

The net result of that was that a standardization effort started in the
ietf, and there will be interesting meetings at the next one, in Berlin, in
late July - (if you've never been to an ietf, there are plenty of other
interesting things that happen there)...

There are only a few billion machines that need an upgrade...

--
Dave Täht

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html