[Battlemesh] I'd like to ask the place where I work to endorse the WBM

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Feb 14 16:19:43 CET 2013

Seems nobody replied so far, so ...

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:37:08AM +0100, Nemesis wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I think the place where I work might be interested in endorsing the
> battlemesh and lend (i underline lend and not donate.. unfortunately the
> economy is in the state that we know)some hardware, like some ubiquiti
> picostationsor stuff like that.
>
> The place is called "Cineca" and is the biggest research and
> supercomputing consortium in Italy:
> http://www.cineca.it/en
>
> Do you think it might be worth asking? And would it be inline with the
> spirit of the event?

Well, if you can talk about the event, ask some people to come along,
promote the event on the website or lend some routers (you don't need
to donate - actually most people just lend and take them back after
the event) ... this all sounds wonderful. :)

> I think it wouldn't cost them much and it would benefit them to send
> someone else other than me because my team works heavily with OpenWRT
> and wifi stuff.

That would be cool - as many people at the WBMv6 use OpenWRT, they could
share experiences and learn new stuff. Just ask around, even a simple
"promotion" should be fine. I don't see any problem with that.

Cheers,
	Simon