[Battlemesh] Collaborate on TDMA development

Antonio Quartulli ordex at autistici.org
Thu Feb 28 19:56:02 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 03:45:52 -0300, Nicolás Echániz wrote:
> On 02/28/2013 11:47 AM, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 03:31:45PM +0100, Christian Huldt wrote:
> >> Should I understand the absence of answers to the mail below as there is
> >> little interest and/or resources available?
> >
> > I think resources is the current problem :) (at least for me!)
> >
> > I'm really interested in this and maybe it is
> > also worth organizing a short meeting during this WBM to talk a bit about it.
> > What do you think?
>
> I believe it would be very interesting to have a meeting about this.
>
> We talked a bit with guido about the possibility of implementing some
> kind of "TDMA" over batman-adv...  We thought of this because TDMA
> implementations tied to wifi drivers become obsolete when the hardware
> becomes unavailable.
> We don't even know if such a thing could be possible, but it was a
> tempting idea.

Well, to be honest I think that implementing such feature in the mac80211 stack
should overcome the problem you mentioned. However, support in the driver is
mandatory I think: the idea is to modify the channel access method..therefore I
don't think this is possible without touching the MAC itself.

Now I guess we can really schedule a meeting (or simply keep it in mind when we
arrive in Aalborg :-))

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli