[Battlemesh] QoS in a mesh network

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 9 08:05:34 CET 2013

For this we also have to work on the "Bufferbloat" problem.

Everyone getting a recent kernel which makes fq_codel the default
queuing discipline would be a start.

And of course we need a mesh-wide police what IP TOS-flag is mapped on
what WMM class.

Henning Rogge

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> the trick is: never ever send more traffic over a node
>> what minstrel-stats exspects is possible.
>
> Possible to elaborate this a bit more here.
>
> How about WMM supports in mac80211? Although it does not guarantee
> end-to-end QoS, but with proper IP TOS tag, it could give priority on
> voice traffic over the others on wireless transmission. Anyone knows
> has tested this before?
>
> ---
> Chun-Yeow

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan