[Battlemesh] See you next time!

Filipe Borges Teixeira fbt at inescporto.pt
Mon May 13 17:03:32 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

There have been some days since WBM finished, but even so I'd like to say
some words about it:

It was my first year I was attending to the BattleMesh and I found it a
great experience. Last week I did an internal presentation of the overview
of the WMB to my research team here at INESC and everyone was very
interested. I hope next year I can join (and specially since the first day,
as I arrived quite late this time), and take part in more activities.

About the WiFIX Stub WMN solution, I'm pushing to make it Open Source and I
hope next time we are able to test it!

Meanwhile, as I had the opportunity to say to some guys, we are making some
experiments regarding mesh networks in boats. The goal is to deliver
Internet to fishing boats using Wi-Fi on 700 MHz (the boards I tested in WMB)
and 5 GHz bands. We are also developing mesh networks for underwater and
underground scenarios. Maybe next year I'll be able to present you some
results, if you find it interesting...

Last but not least, I would like to thank Martin and all other members from
the organization for their effort and dedication to this event. I have
nothing to complain about ;) I also have some pictures of the last days of
the event I would like to share, I hope you like them.

See you next time!

Best regards,
Filipe Teixeira

2013/5/13 Bastian Bittorf <bittorf at bluebottle.com>

> * Thomas Pedersen <thomas at cozybit.com> [10.05.2013 19:32]:
> > for the (unscripted) results of wearing my B.A.T.M.A.N. t-shirt to the
> > office once Javier got back from vacation :D.
>
> thanks for shared, office here is rolling on the floor 8-)
>
> bye, bastian

Filipe Borges Teixeira
Telecomunicações e Multimédia
Telecommunications and Multimedia Unit