[Battlemesh] Next event: news and endorsements

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed May 22 12:45:20 CEST 2013

Dave,

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 09:33:51AM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Clauz <clauz at ninux.org> wrote:
>
> > On 05/21/2013 12:26 PM, Nemesis wrote:
> > > And this twitter account:
> > > https://twitter.com/battlemesh
> > >
> > > It would be great to use them to promote the event, before and during
> > > the event with live updates.
> >
> > I am one of the managers of that account. If you want to take care of
> > it, I will send you the password.
> >
> > But perhaps it's a bit early to start thinking about the promotion of
> > the next battlemesh? We are not even sure of the location...
> >

> I'd be willing to host and/or have something similar at my location in los
> gatos, california.
>
> I lean towards doing something battlemeshy that combined more "making" with
> the wifi hacking tho... so perhaps I'll find a similar concept that also
> gets progress made. Would anyone be interested in doing something in
> california in the september/october timeframe? Can do earlier but I figure
> it would take a lot of planning.

that sounds like a good idea. I don't know how many of us Europeans will make
it, but there have been a growing number of participants from the US, and
there have been some people in Denmark who said they would be interested
having something battlemeshy in the US too. It would probably be good to not
clash with the wireless summit [1]. Feel free to announce the event on the
battlemesh site ... :)

Cheers,
	Simon

[1] http://2013.wirelesssummit.org/