[Battlemesh] Battlemesh event description

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Fri Nov 22 18:37:52 CET 2013

On 11/21/2013 07:17 AM, Nicolás Echániz wrote:
> El 20/11/13 10:09, Nemesis escribió:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > in order to promote the event to its maximum potential and in order to
>> > get the best possible outcome, I thought it would be cool to expand a
>> > little the description of the event.
[...]
> I agree that "coordinated effort by this group of people can have great
> impact" and having a place to meet, talk and test the technologies we
> are working on greatly facilitates this coordination. In our experience:
> we went to one Battlemesh only but it was an excelent experience and
> together with the WCW it led to at least two coordinated projects with
> other communities: the Libre-mesh firmware (AlterMundi+ guifi.net +
> ninux pisa/eigenNet) and Libremap (AlterMundi+Freifunk) and many
> specific collaborations with other groups.
>
> I agree with Simon that we should keep focused on the technological
> aspects of what we are doing. There are other more political events.

+1 to keep political issue apart

The actual description underlines the "social character". I like that
imprint a lot and would like to expand on that.

> So... +1 to adding a more accurate description of what the event has
> become over the years. I believe this is something some of the newcomers
> in Aalborg expressed as something that needed attention.
>
> One other thing that could be interesting is to think if it makes sense
> to expand the base of "what we are testing". Maybe we can think of other
> things appart from routing protocols to make further use of the testbed.

Yes, I am also very interested in that topic. Network testing and unit
tests of software that depends on network components.. it's seems to me
there's not much material around about this topic.

Federico